As Building Information Modeling (BIM) is adopted by more and more companies in the construction industry, its usefulness has expanded beyond the original design phase activities. This course positions BIM in the context of all phases of construction illustrating how to maximize BIM as a tool for the entire construction team. You will see how BIM fits into the construction workflow. It introduces the BIM philosophy in design, bidding, construction, commissioning, delivery, and as-built stages of construction.
Click here to download the fact sheet for this course.
- Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Gold Seal Certification (1 Credit)
- BC Housing Continuing Professional Development (2 Group A points)
- Know what BIM is.
- Recognize the full potential of BIM technology.
- Comprehend the BIM philosophy.
- Be aware of how BIM can assist at all stages of a construction project.
- Appreciate existing and potential new uses for BIM.
- See the value of new technologies such as BIM.
Structure and Workload
|1||Building Information Modeling|