To ensure project success, contractors must be able to provide accurate and professional estimates of costing and materials. This online training course will provide learners with skills and knowledge related to estimating practices, and help them understand the importance of estimates as one of the key first steps in any construction job. The lesson modules cover a wide range of topics, with interactive activities based on real-life field situations to help reinforce the lessons.
Click here to download the fact sheet for this course.
- How to produce accurate and professional estimates.
- Site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements.
- How to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on a construction project.
- Labour performance and operations.
- How to effectively organize and manage current and historical cost data.
- How to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines.
- On-site equipment and material placement.
- Safety and job conditions.
Structure and Workload
|1||Lesson 1 - Introduction|
|2||Lesson 2 - Building Practices|
|3||Lesson 3 - Labour and Operations|
|4||Lesson 4 - Materials|
|5||Lesson 5 - Keeping Records|
|6||Lesson 6 - Producing Accurate Estimates|
|7||Lesson 7 - Working on Tenders|
|8||Lesson 8 - Managing Change|
|9||Lesson 9 - Final Test|