Confined spaces can be hazardous if not approached with an understanding of how to prepare for entry, how to enter and work safely, and what to do if an incidence occurs. This course will introduce you to the types of confined spaces and the associated hazards. You will learn about the activities within a confined space, and codes of practice. Different types of hazard controls are presented including engineering, administrative, and protective equipment.
Click here to download the fact sheet for this course.
PLEASE NOTE: This BuildForce Canada course was developed based on current industry information, practices and legal requirements up to March 2011. BuildForce Canada assumes no responsibility or liability arising from subsequent changes in legislation, regulation or prevailing industry practice that may render elements of the course obsolete. Furthermore, all BuildForce Canada courses are intended to facilitate online independent learning. BuildForce Canada cannot and does not assume responsibility for certifying the qualifications of a learner or any skills obtained as a result of completing this course.
- Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Gold Seal Certification (1 Credit)
- BC Housing Continuing Professional Development (6 Group A points)
- Identify the types of confines spaces.
- Recognize the potential confined space hazards.
- Assess and control these hazards.
- Understand your roles and responsibilities prior to entry, while working, and on leaving a confined space.
Structure and Workload