To ensure project success, contractors must be able to provide accurate and professional estimates of costing and materials. The Introduction to Construction Estimating course will provide learners with skills and knowledge related to estimating practices, and help them understand the importance of estimates as one of the key first steps in any construction job. The lesson modules cover a wide range of topics, with interactive activities based on real-life field situations to help reinforce the lessons.
Click here to download the fact sheet for this course.
- Canadian Construction Association (CCA) Gold Seal Certification (2 Credits)
- BC Housing Continuing Professional Development (8 Group A points)
- Describe the building practices involved in the construction process.
- Consider factors that affect labour and operational costs when preparing estimates.
- Consider the management of materials for an estimate.
- Describe how to maintain systems for managing records.
- Know how to produce accurate and professional estimates.
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines.
- Explain different types of changes and their impacts on projects.
Structure and Workload
|1||Introduction to Construction Estimate|