Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
The Canadian construction and maintenance industry is committed to building respectful and inclusive workplaces. Our goal is to enhance your toolkit of career skills and equip you to be successful and participate in creating a respectful and inclusive workplace. This course looks at how a respectful and inclusive workplace can benefit everyone by eliminating discrimination and harassment, and how everyone can create respect through inclusive communication, teamwork, and mentorship. This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce the learning.
Click here to download the fact sheet for this course.
- Understand industry expectations for respectful and inclusive workplaces.
- Know how to lead by example to help create a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Know how to communicate more effectively with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances.
- Know how to include the perspectives of team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances into decision-making and problem-solving.
- Work more effectively in mentorship relationships with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances to transfer trade and workplace knowledge to the next generation.
Structure and Workload